Hiking sock

Hlo all what hiking socks do you use?i baught brightdale trekker but after 1 day hike top inner stitching came loose .Thanks

I use Falke inner socks and Hi-Tec outer hiking socks.

1 Like

Paul, I suggest you return those. Iā€™ve only had good experience with Bridgedale socks.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve bought mine from Hi-Tech ! no issues for a 7hour hike a day

1 Like

Thanks

Thanks will return today

Thanks always for good advice

Trappers were kind anoth to exchange

2 Likes

HI Paul Please contact me regarding your Bridgedale issue.

Hlo trevor

HI Paul do you have a number or mail address to take off forum.

No thanks

We can chat on forum

Ok I work very closely with the manufacturers of the Bridgedale product and would like to address the problem at the factory if possible.

I returned socks where I purchased.Trappers Clearwater Mall ,I returned them yesterday.

I worn then for the first time on Sunday for day hike at Hennops "hope that helps"thanks your concern

Thanks Paul I will track the return to the factory. We are a little obsessed with quality at the factory, manufacturing faults are not an option. I am glad Trappers replaced the product without to much drama.

2 Likes

Thanks "little things"happen,I still using the product in all fairness,only had good feedback before I purchased the product,trappers had a look and replaced it immediately,no song & dancešŸ˜€,thanks again your concern in the matter.

I was quite concerned the other day to see ā€œplastic socksā€ made from recycled PETā€¦

Terribly sorry but Bridgedales for me, thank you very much. I understand they are not pure woolā€¦

Trevorsock?

100% woollen socks maybe an option / viable since you seem to have the ear of the right peopleā€¦:wink:

Modern hiking sock are highly technical in design, some of our socks have more than half a dozen different yarns in their construction. Each yarn has different characteristic in terms of elasticity and temperature transmission. Our extreme cold weather socks have more than 50% Merino Wool, these are too warm for African conditions. The quality of the yarn and the design are key to shape and fit. Wool however is also a very effective at dissipating heat built up in warm conditions. In spite of all the great properties of wool, it would not be possible to make 100% wool socks that would stay up and not shrink into teeny sizes at the first warm wash.

2 Likes