I have a SEA TO SUMMIT 35L EVAC DRY SACK (Blue) for sale, still in the original packaging.
It has never been used (brand new), since the overseas expeditions that I purchased it for, were cancelled.
The only reason that I haven’t returned it for a refund (as I have done with many items), is that the returns period has expired.
The eVac™ Dry Sack utilizes 70D lightweight nylon fabric for strength and eVent® waterproof fabric on the base to allow eVac-uation of air for compression. It’s an excellent option for storing and compressing clothes and sleeping bags without the use of straps. Just pack the items in, roll the sack down and push the air out to save valuable packing space within your backpack. They’re an oval shape, making them perfect for sliding into the contours of your pack and all seams are double stitched and tape-sealed.
• 35 liter: use for overnight gear or as a pack liner for 30+ Liter packs
• Air permeable, waterproof eVent® fabric base
• Valve-free air expelling design for compact packing
• 10,000mm hydrostatic head, lightweight durable Nylon fabric
• Waterproof durable roll-top closure does not wick moisture
• Waterproof seams - double stitched and tape sealed
• Reinforced stitching on stress points
• Space saving, low profile, streamlined shape
• Oval base resists rolling, stays where you put it
• As of 2018: Features the patent-pending 5/8in | 15mm Field Repair Buckle with stainless steel pins.
ARE EVAC DRY SACKS…?
Good for modular packing in a backpack? Yes! Use them for all compressible items, squeeze the air out then pack the dry sack into a tight space so it does not draw air back in. Perfect for sleeping bags and insulated clothing.
Suitable for paddle sports? Yes – but the ability to squeeze air out of the dry bag does not gain you much in a canoe/kayak (the Lightweight Dry Sack may be a better choice). If you do use them, apply reasonable caution in sharp and abrasive environments.
Waterproof? The body of the dry sack is more than adequately waterproof (10,000 mm hydrostatic head) – just avoid submersion, as water can seep through the roll-top closure of any dry bag.
• Weight: 112 g
• Capacity: 35L
• Dimensions: 33 x 21 x 70 cm
See the S2S website: https://seatosummit.com/product/evac-dry-sack/
See the videos: https://youtu.be/RBsYPBLe-TE
See local pricing for Sea to Summit EVAC Dry Sacks:
- Sea to Summit EVAC Dry Sack| Buy Online at Mountain Mail Order
- Sea to Summit Evac Dry Sack 20L | PPPA313 | Outdoor Warehouse
- Sea to Summit Evac Dry Sack 20L | Sportsmans Warehouse Kiosk
Retail Price: R 645
Asking price: R 500, in cash on collection.
You’re welcome to collect, in the Northern Suburbs, Cape Town.