2 Night hut hike near Cape Town

Hi All, I am new to both the forum and to Cape Town.

Looking to get out for a 2 night hike within 2 or so hours from Cape Town. Ideally it would be a hike with huts available to sleep in overnight. Not too worried about the difficulty of the hikes, but some places to swim along the trail would be amazing too!

Looking forward to any suggestions!

Welcome Michal! Here are a couple of options:

• Boland Trail - A few spots to wet your feet, but no real swim spots.

• Boesmanskloof (Greyton to McGregor) - Amazing swim spot roughly halfway. There was a fire recently, so the landscape isn’t as pretty as usual.

• Arangieskop - Tough hike with stunning views, great hut and few spots to sit in the water.

There’s a great swim spot on the Boland hiking trail if you go a little off route to the first and/or the second pools on the Suicide gorge trail. It’s a lovely little detour if you have time.

2 Likes

Welcome to Cape Town

The Boesmanskloof as Arno mentioned is a really nice with a waterfall. i did it with Randall last year Feb and he hosts that hike 2 or 3 times a year. https://www.meetup.com/HIKING-CAPERS/events/267091005/

Check out the www.geckotrail.co.za - Start at Nuy Valley out side Worcester off the N1, hike to Simonskloof in the Koo Valley and return to Penhill on the Worcester side of the Langeberg. It’s tough, it’s awesome, it’s remote, it’s a hidden gem!

2 Likes

On this topic, has anyone done the Highlands Trail (Elgin to Kleinmond and return via Kogelberg)? If so, how was it and is it worth going for?

1 Like

RIPost. Gecko looks nice though. I wonder if C to B can be done in one day?

Hi Calypso, why the rush???

e-mail us directly for full info on the Gecko Trail: info@simonskloof.com