Advice on best rain poncho

I’ve read your views on rain jackets - but what about ponchos? Definitely not for the Drakensberg with snow and high-speed winds… Just for general hiking (day hike up to 5 days). It must fit over the back pack up to 70 L size.
I’ve seen K-way, 360 degrees, First Ascent and Decathlon.
Which is the best. Please share your views and experiences.

Don’t have any experience with poncho’s so nothing much to add, but thought I would throw the Naturehike ones in as well. Their stuff is generally good quality.

1 Like

Check local company NorthRidge: Rucsac Poncho | North Ridge at R360.00 for a poncho!

Btw they make awesome Gaiters too, short and long ones!!! Took my long ones up to 5109m in the Rwenzori - perfect! The short ones are ideal for weeks on end in the Cape Mountain fynbos like the Rim of Africa!

2 Likes

Hey Hein,

Can say with total conviction that I’m in favour of the first Ascent poncho. Lekker lightweight, large enough to cover my pack + myself and packs up super small.

Go have a look if you haven’t already made up your mind: https://www.firstascent.co.za/ultralight-rucksack-poncho

1 Like

Definitely Northridge poncho. It can be used as a poncho, ground cover or make shelter.
No need to look at any other brand.