Antiquated want's to get aquainted

Morning everybody…

Well I’m new here, and being antiquated I’m not very technologically compliant…

I don’t have a cell phone… I threw it in the loowhen it woke my up at three in the morning and sombody wanted me to spend money…… Cell’s done and dusted…

I don’t do social media what’s up & all that, I only post on forums and do a teeny tiny bit on Face-book, so forgive me If I haven’t done a profile yet… I can’t find where to do that.

Courtesy of a wonky Achilles tendon;(result of a motorbike accident long long ago in a galaxy far far away) and 60 years under the belt, I I don’t hike or backpack… anymore, but I still do a lot of tent camping.

But that does not mean that I’ve not been hiking / backpacking… (I believe the fundies draw a distinction)?.. Way back in the late 70’s through to the late 1980’s…

Having said that, I also collect tents & camp cookers and have quite a substantial collection of both.

My tent collection runs at about 28 and in there I have 2 Marachel Cyclometers a 101 and a 300, 3… Yes 3 Backpacker Kestrel’s… 2 kestrel III’s both with the Y adaptor, and a Kestrel II with a Y adaptor and an extension.

I also have a 5x5 SA Army tent, and pitch & break it alone…

My camp cooker collection, well that’s huge, ranging from ultra lightweight flat-pack backpacking braai to brand new caravan stove and oven

Included in this rather eclectic collection is a WW II field issue petrol stove,(Complete) a Trangia an Optimus 8 and a 1970’s SA Army issue Cadac 2 burner field issue stove… (Complete) & brand new when I got it… and an almost new and complete Globetrotter Gaz… Talking of Gaz I have examples of all three the canister systems the prick, the screw in and the turn & clip.

So If anyone wants I’ll gladly put up pictures and do posts.

1 Like

Welcome @antiquated! Always lekker to hear that people make a plan to spend time outside, even when the body doesn’t agree with the rough walking anymore :wink::+1:
That’s a serious tent collection!