Bag recommendations (both kinds :))

Ah, I see! Decathlon has incredibly light fanny packs that could work great! Super popular overseas and was thinking of getting it as well but my hip belt pockets are pretty spacious for now. Can also use the fanny pack for toilet/water/summit trips after camp is set up.

You don’t take a spare stove or rope on every trip I assume?

_Dieter at 25g it’s lighter than my…. lighter!

Together with the 1.1L Pot & 350ml Pan it weighs under 200g!

That’s the BRS one? Amazing piece of kit!

1 Like

For myself I have always gone bigger due to being a photographer and wanting extra space to put camera equipment. I saw a comment above about having a baboon strapped to your back…that is by choice…not sure why people who carry heavy are disparaged. They have their reasons. Mine is a love of Photography and is 26kg worth it on a trail like The Otter…for me yes.
I have an Osprey Atmos 65 and am very happy with my choice.
I would rather have a bigger bag and want a smaller one than have a small one and NEED a bigger one :grinning:
Different strokes I suppose.

:joy: that would be me. Though i call my pack The Gorilla…there’s only one silverback in this relationship.

I think, like many things, there’s competitiveness involved. Like “my daddy is bigger than your daddy”…it used to be “only real men carry real loads and on and on”. Now its switched. And butchness is replaced by tech savvy sophistication.

And yet, as the song goes “he cant be a man coz he doesnt smoke the same cigarettes as me”

Or not. Or a woman. Or man who identifies as a woman. Or a woman who identifies as a cigarette.

HaaaHaaaaaa…Yea…I get it…I honestly wish I didn’t have to carry heavy…or need a 65L…and I suppose the Tech savvy crowd could school me in why I don’t need a heavy DSLR and lenses, tripod etc…all to be replaced by one gadget and no tripod…but everything comes at a cost. I have what I have and cant afford to replace with newer lighter…so we just make do and work like a beast.
I honestly admire the guys that go lightweight…its an art and a skill…respect!

Yeah, there shouldn’t be any disparagement. Getting Lighter* gear only has upsides and they should align with your goals. If your goal is to make sure you have the right camera gear, a well-thought-out cook system for example could offer you room for another lens :partying_face:

1 Like