Biedouw Valley Hikes

Some friends and I will be in the Biedouw Valley near rocklands this coming weekend. Does anyone know of some interesting day hikes in that area?

There are some superb hikes on the eastern side of the Cederberg; so depending on how far up the Biedouw valley you are these might be good options:
Going up Krakadouw is an epic day hike; accessed from Heuningvlei. Get an early start because you’d want a few hours to explore the top. Need to be fit for this one though.
Up and down Skeprioenspoort; accessed from Grasvlei (near Wupperthal); up the valley to Boontjieskloof Hut, then a short hop across into the Skerpioenspoort valley. Gorgeous hike. You’ll need the Hike the Cederberg map.
For info about Krakdouw: Four Amazing Cederberg Peaks - Hiking South Africa

I don’t know of any hikes in the Biedouw valley but I’m sure some of the guest farms in the area will have trails.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, Willem.

We will be camping at De Pakhuys.

Krakadouw Piek looks great, but the drive to get to Heuningsvlei is a bit far from De Pakhuys for what we have in mind this weekend. I will hopefully get to do that one as a sleepover in December or January.

We will probably be going to Biedouw Wegbreek this coming Saturday. As seen in this Facebook Album.

I don’t think it will be much of a hike, but those rock formations look worth visiting.

1 Like

Biedouw Valei wegbreek pics look amazing! Sure you can get lost in those rocky hills…
The hike through Amon se Poort from De Pakhuys is also fantastic; you can tailor the distance as it is a there and back on the same track.