Cape Town trails

Good day fellow hikers. Am going to Cape town in December for few days, any nice day trails I can do. I have done Lionshead already.

kind regards

Skeleton Gorge is always a treat

Thanks Arno, I will check it out

1 Like

There are sooooo many you can do!
Platteklip Gorge: Very steep, but rewarding if you take your time. Can even opt to take the cablecar down.
Devil’s Peak: Similar effort to Lion’s Head with views of the other side of Cape Town.
Kasteelspoort: Also quite an effort, but you can take a picture at the iconic overhanging rock.
Enjoy!

1 Like

HI Unathi

If you’re on your own I would recommend Platteklip Gorge - it is the “easiest” way to ascend Table Mountain and there will also be a lot of other hikers in Dec so it will be relatively safe. For the other hikes it is recommended to find & join a group of people / use the services of a guide. Check out the “Take Back our Mountains” group on Facebook - they organise weekly group hikes.

oh, forgot to mention (as per Arno) Skeleton Gorge and Nursery Ravines are also a good options - relatively safe with a fair bit of traffic (especially over weekends) and the added bonus of walking through the lovely Kirstenbosch Gardens.

1 Like

Thanks Willem

I will check it out. I hope it won’t be unbearably hot

kind regards

More surrounds than Cape Town…
Helderberg Mountain. Can one follow the forestry roads from Disa Gorge, moving towards Jonkershoek?
Is that still part of the nature reserve, or private land?

@Sardine, that’s private land (probably part of Lourensford Wine Warm). You might be able to get access from them. I don’t think there is a fence between Jonkershoek and the private land.

1 Like