Daypack recommendations

Hello All,

I am looking to buy a decent daypack for hiking excursions. I currently have a 60L pack for longer hikes, therefore require something smaller for day hikes to lug around water/snacks/camera/etc.
Any recommendations on packs as well as sizes?
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I’m pretty fond of my Deuter Speed Lite 20 as a day pack. Comfy, lightish by our standards, side waterbottle holders, smaller top pocket for quick things and has a removable webbing hipbelt.

Issues - Front stretchy stash pockets are amazing, and can’t say I like the one on the Deuter, For some reason has a stupid sewn top over just a buckle. Would have also liked daisy chains on the shoulder straps to attach a cellphone pocket. Only other problem would be Deuter uses propriety sized clips and grosgrain for no apparent reason, which means they can’t be replaced off the shelf.

With some more perspective on it now, wold probably give the Osprey Daylite a better look. Or the Talon 22 if I was into more technical stuff than I am. But at that point things are getting pricey for a day pack.

Major thing for me was figuring out that about 20L was the sweet spot. Smaller and you are hauling jackets out to find snacks, and often loose the stash pocket in the designs for some reason. Larger and you are likely to bring more stuff for no real reason :sweat_smile:

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the recommendations. Funny enough, in the end I did go with the first ascent contour haha
The 30L will give me that extra space I am looking for!

3 Likes