Hiking gear needed

I’m taking a group of high school learners on a birding and nature conservation tour in the Northern Cape in two weeks time. They are all disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds. They have never gone on camps or hikes before, so they desperately need closed shoes, sleeping backs, jackets etc. Really does not have to be fancy or clean, even if it’s torn or stained. Here’s our Facebook page Redirecting...

Please drop off any donations at the school
Ms Falake : Bird Club
Claremont High School
7 Molteno road
Claremont

2 Likes

If you are willing to pick it up then I have an old 60 L kway and two 15l kway daypacks. One foam role-out. No sleeping bags sorry

2 Likes

Thank you so much Gerda, I can pick it up. Please send me your location, I am not sure how private this platform is. Based on the location , I will arrange a meeting time. Thank you again.

1 Like

Yeah this is not so private! You should delete the post with your cell nr. The school looks awesome, so I might be able to drop it off at the school for you. Rather post a time on thursday or friday where the community can come drop stuff off at the school gates. I’ll ask around, but as you can see, some people still sell old stuff on gumtree. If you ever need a talk on Antarctic birding i’ll oblige.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! Yes please! I am always looking for people to come and give interesting talks and presentations :blush:

Thank you so much for your donation. I have added the school address to my initial post.

1 Like

Hi there

You should try Shoes 4 Souls. They are a charity organization we donate our shoes too. Im almost sure they will be able to help

Kind regards