Hiking trails in and around Mossel

Hello there,

We are visiting Mossel Bay in 2 weeks. Could you recommend day hiking trails that are worth visiting and accessible with a normal vehicle? I would be very grateful.

Kind Regards

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer. Here are some options in Mossel Bay and the Garden Route in general. You may have to drive for some of them, but they are all unique and highly recommended. You will find good info online, and I recommend downloading an app like Maps.ME on your phone to use for navigation. Not that the navigation should be hard, but sometimes the day hike maps can be downright atrocious or non-existent. You will also have to do some research on the difficulty of each.

St Blaize trail, Mossel Bay
George and/or Cradock Peak, George
Kingfisher trail, Wilderness
Kranshoek trail, Harkerville (between Knysna and Plett)
Robberg, Plettenberg Bay
Hiking to the Salt River mouth, Natures Valley (for a longer hike, you can do a loop from De Vasselot Camspite)

1 Like

Hi Gerhard
Thank you very much for this information I appreciate it.
We are going to definitely try to explore all of them.
Here where we live in the East Rand its very bland and not much places to visit.
We want to explore as much as possible to see if we can be happy in Mossel as a forever home. (want to buy a smallholding)
We have visited George, Knysna Sedgefield and Wildernis before and love those areas.

1 Like

Enjoy, and all the best! I am also a huge fan of the Garden Route…