Looking for companions to join me or a group that I can join on a hike from Sentinel to Giants Castle, Drakensberg

Hi! My name is Gera. I am kind of a professional hiker from Russia completing a challenge of 6 greatest trails in the World, one on each continent. For Africa I chose the Drakensberg. Unfortunately I don’t have time to do the Grand Traverse, but I m going to do at least part of it - from Sentinel to The Giants Castle
I am a solo-traveler, but I prefer hiking with people around:)
I m urgently looking for a companion or companions.
If you know people going in the same direction on the 16th-18th, please let me know.
Or if you would like to join, you are more than welcome. I have a 2p tent and all the kitchen stuff for 2 persons.
Cheers,
Gera

2 Likes

Hi Gera,

Your challenge sounds amazing, I too think the Drakensburg would be among some of the greatest trails in the world. I was put in touch with you because I too am looking for a companion to walk some or all of the Grand Traverse. I was born in South Africa and live in Australia, and I am back in South Africa, solo travelling around the country. Hiking is better and safer with company.

I am an experienced hiker and I am fit 23 year old. You can message me on whatsapp if you are interested and would like to talk further. My number is +61422749474 and my email address is white.danieladam@gmail.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you, and good luck!!

Regards

Daniel