Looking for Hiking Trails in Limpopo, Mpumalanga, Gauteng

I am newly signed up here in the forum. So Hi!

I am looking for a Hike that might still have space for 29 April 2018? Multiday backpacking hike?

Any suggestions
Nadine

1 Like

Welcome! Trails that spring to mind are the Fanie Botha Trail, Magoebaskloof, Kgaswane Summit Trail and the Uitsoek Hiking Trail.

1 Like

Hi Nadine, there are great trails in the Wolkberg Nature Reserve. The trail range from easy to extremely difficult (depending on the route you plan for yourself) and you will definitely need a map and navigation skills to trek through it, BUT it’s all worth it. I’ve walked in these mountains 6+ times and I haven’t found any other place like it. We are going hiking there the week before easter weekend and I know of another group going the week after.

1 Like

Hi, do you happen to know where I can buy decent maps for the Wolkberg from please?

Hi @robyates. I’ve personally always used the map found here, Wolkberg Wilderness Area . I don’t know if there are any maps for sale. On our last hike we found a blog with a tracked out route that we loaded onto a Garmin GPS and we followed that path loosely.

2 Likes

If you have an Android phone, the All-in-One Offline Maps app taps into the Open View maps database and has quite a few trails marked for Wolkberg: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.psyberia.offlinemaps

Not sure if there’s an equivalent iOS version.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing out that app! This is going to be very handy in the future!

1 Like