Random hiking photos

On the way back down from Serala in the Wolkberg Wilderness area

Technically not a hiking photo - but close enough:

Taken on pitch 4 of the Rhino Eastern Arete Route, Southern KZN Drakensberg.

1 Like

Sunset at the Blaauwkrans hut on the Tsitsikamma hiking trail.

4 Likes

Early morning in Fish River Canyon

6 Likes

Sunset at Hunwick’s Camp at 3874m in the Rwenzori mountains of Uganda. It’s an amazing experience.

4 Likes

The Drakensberg is a spectacular place at the worst of times, but when you just hike above the clouds and get a reveal like this, it is always special:

Full story at:

2 Likes

Magic!

A beautiful, below freezing, morning at Cleo’s pools next to Serala peak in the Wolkberg mountains.

2 Likes

Witzenberg Mountains: One of the day hikes on a citrus farm in the foothills of Tulbagh

Baviaanskloof during autumn: Luiperd trail

On top of Devil’s Knuckles in Wolkberg

4 Likes

New season soon to start… and thank you for earlier posts, wonderful shots!

4 Likes

Parts of the Wolkberg trail that is rarely traveled, there is no path on these mountains so a GPS is definitely a must. Be wary though, I did encounter a leopard here at 2am while looking for water, had to run for my life!

4 Likes

last week we visited the wolfberg cracks, felt like walking through a whole new world :star_struck:

7 Likes

Beautiful photo

1 Like

hi
Did you hike this on your own or with a guide? If so whom would you recommend?

Thanks

1 Like

Friend and i did it on our own. Went over easter weekend so we came across a few people that had done it. Pretty straight forward, a few tricky parts if you’re not a regular adventurer/ hiker, a few unders and overs.
Once you’re hiked to top, just look straight forward to your right, you’ll see grips & rope loops to grt yourself up. This is the more adventurous route. The huge crack to your left is the easy straight forward up route.
If you’re not a regular hiker and don’t feel comfortable doing it on your own then i suggest doing it with someone that’s done it before. Unfortunately i dont have anyone to recommend. Permits can be bought form the sandrift offices, open at 8am during week and 9am weekends. R75.
Hope you come right and get to experience it some time soon.

1 Like

The top of Slanghoek Pile

5 Likes

The pano image

4 Likes

Breathtaking! We were hiking up the Waaihoek Mountains across the valley looking back at you

4 Likes

So cool…on the bucket list for some summit pics!